Our little guys journey started late really late. I was induced with Hadley with hypertension (Extremely High Blood Pressure) at 37 weeks so I didn't really know what was in store for me I questioned if I would go fast or slow or early or late. Well it turned out it was late. I was due October 10 or 11 and my body was not doing a darn thing at all so my doctor was trying everything in his power to come up with a way for him to induce me, he said the longest he would let me go would be a week over. Hearing that when you are so ready for your baby to arrive was horrible in my little pregnant mind. I remember I had packed like 3 weeks early and every doctor visit at the end I would pack up the car with the paraphernalia only to hear " McKell your body sucks" from my doctor. He told me at my last visit to call the hospital and set up an appointment for Thursday October 13 for a non stress test which measured the fluid around Dace and made sure he wasn't drinking to much of his umm yeah waste, and then they would observe his heart rate for a couple hours while I lay in bed he said think of it as a nice little siesta. My doctor told me "now McKell this is the test I want you to fail" I was so disappointed that I pretty much planned on attending the week over Monday appointment, but I was pretty excited for a couple hours alone in a bed watching tv and relaxing after all I had a two year old and was overdue, it sounded like heaven.
I drove down from Heber dropped off little Hadley at my parents then headed over to the Timpanogos hospital for my 9:00am appointment. I had the ultrasound test to measure the fluid. Passed it with flying colors, then went over to be monitored in bed for a while after a couple hours of nothing wrong at all the nurses told me to plan on heading home. Again I was bummed! Then out of no where the nurse came in and said "I have been watching the monitor's for the last hour and your blood pressure is climbing like crazy. I just got of the the phone with your doctor and he said if it continues due to your history he wants to start you." It was music to my ears!
A bit later they started the process to induce me and Chris ventured his way down I started contracting pretty good through the evening and Chris and I had a few visitors, Hadley my Mom and Kabri. Me and Chris slept pretty good for the first part of the night then we were awaken to the screaming of a lady giving birth next door. It was actually kind of funny we sat there and laughed and held hands it was a really dumb but highlighted moment of the night. My back had been killing me for weeks and really became intense at about 4 or so in the morning I finally asked for an epidural. The anesthesiologist was so dang fun and nice and actually was good friends with my anesthesiologist neighbor Mike from across the street. I felt so much better was ready to rock at that point! My doctor came in about 6:30 and broke my water and told me "he was so mad at my when I passed those tests but then when he heard my blood pressure was rising he said that's my girl" I am glad I could helped bring the induction on ha ha. I was at a 2 for a long part of the morning then it slowly changed a couple hours into it I was a a 4 verging on a 5 and then out of now where I was a 6 and then a 9 1/2 in faced the nurses decided 9 1/2 was a good time to give my doctor a call. yeah I was at 10 in faced when they hung up with him. I was a little bit worried he was not going to make it. They picked my legs up and crossed them as far as they would cross and said hang on DON'T PUSH! I thought to myself at this point I don't care and if he makes it he makes it. Then this new nurse DEB yes DEB was like "I have never felt a 10 can I feel do you mind." I know my face said a million words by the glare I gave her but I said sure. My Doctor arrived and I was so relived. Two small pushes and he was here. I remember having my eyes glued shut with both my kids births and having the whole room count 1,2, 3 OPEN YOUR EYES! It was so neat having him join our family and I was so happy and hungry because I had not ate since the afternoon the day before. He had so much more hair then our little Hadley and it was darker. He was born at 11:18 am Friday October 14 and was 7 pounds 13 oz 20 1/2 inches long. He had the most perfect complication and was just handsome as ever. He looked so much like Hadley and that is what we heard from all who met our little DACE CHRISTOPHER.
Well they brought me two delicious dinners yes two! I requested a sandwich which I craved after having Hadley I seriously think they are the best things ever. Chris begs to differ, and of course the largest DIET COKE EVER! both satisfied and shortly after they brought in our little Hadley to meet her little brother. She was a little apprehensive which was a given but slowly warmed right up to the idea. I don't think she still knew what having a new brother or being a big sister meant fully. Chris took her back to the waiting room where our families were anxiously awaiting. He said just a minute they are cleaning up and doing a quick bath and I will be right back to get you. Ha ha ha Yeah that DID NOT HAPPEN!
I remember watching Chris and the nurse clean our little guy up and then asking me to sit up because they were going to take my epidural out and feeling a little light headed and sickly and that was the last I remember. I felt so relaxed all of a sudden and didn't feel sick anymore and actually was relived I felt so much better. Yeah that was because I passed out for a couple of minutes and was losing tons and tons of blood I had a very, very displaced uterus and they were very worried about me. I woke up and told them I was just sleeping and Chris told me know you weren't and that I had passed out hard. I felt really bad because all of this mess was like an 1 1/2 hours after we told our families it would be and they had no idea that Chris was so involved helping the nurses with me because it totally caught everyone of guard that we never had a chance to inform anyone what was going on. They moved my bed to a new room and I was in pain oh man was I in pain it hurt so bad in my tummy. The nurses had to push really hard on it too! Chris went to tell everyone what was going on and when they arrived in my room it was a sight to be seen. I was screaming and begging to go home. I remember pleading with my Dad to take me home please.
And I remember seeing my sister in law Kylie who was about to be a new mom looking at me and the look on her face was like ahhhhhh seriously it hurts that bad. I had to call her later that night and tell her that was not how they usually go. Everyone was really worried about me and I was too! But the started me on some really good drugs and by later that night I was feeling a lot better. They did some lab work and said I did lose tons of blood and was very close to needing a transfusion but it looked good and they said we should not need it which turned out to be. I hated that part of it all because I was so sick and in so much pain that I felt everyone was mad at me and that it was not the happiest after birth story. I was still battling the blood pressure throughout the rest of the stay and was down in bed for the night and most of the next day.
But one thing was for sure we had the cutest most perfect little boy join our little family and I was so happy about that. My mom and dad had bought Hadley a little baby doll that was so life like and had taught her all about how to act and handle little brother. It was the cutest thing ever she would bring her baby to the hospital and rock it and touch it's nose and seriously help her learn about it so much. By the second day she finally wanted to hold him and was so perfect with him. Everyone came and met little Dace and brought us the nicest gifts and visit's ever.
Chris and I loved the hospital stay and took fully advantage they pretty much had to beg us to leave. After the rough time I had I needed some sleep and was so thankful for my family for taking such amazing care of little Hadley and the nurses for their help taking Dace to the Nursery at night. Dace had a little surgery in the hospital for his little man parts ha ha and after we got him all fixed up it was time to go.
I really do love my husband and little family and was so happy to have Dace. It was a day I will always love and have a special place in my heart for. He's his mama's boy and so dang sweet and perfect! I am so thankful and love my sweet Chris so much we have the cutest family and I am so happy I get to love and share it all with him, he is such an amazing provider and companion and support. Love you babe!




1 comment:
So sweet! Scary stuff afterward, glad everything worked out :)
Post a Comment